Students are expected to dress in a manner that identifies West Coventry Academy Sixth Form as a place of work and that encourages younger students at all of our schools to perceive Sixth Form students as role models. Dress for Success has been designed in collaboration with students to reflect the fact that our students have ambitions for professional careers whilst accommodating the increased freedom expected from students who have elected to stay within a school environment.
All students will be issued with an ID badge, which must be clearly displayed whenever a student is on any of the West Coventry Sixth Form sites. Failure to do so may result in refused entry.
- Formal trousers in a plain colour. No denim or shorts.
- Plain or lightly patterned, collared shirt, tucked into trousers. Ties are optional. No polo shirts or T-shirts.
- Plain or lightly patterned V-neck or crew neck jumper, cardigan or waistcoat. No hooded tops.
- Formal black or brown shoes / boots. No trainers, canvas shoes or flip-flops.
- Plain, dark jacket / coat.
- Straight-cut / tailored trousers in a plain or lightly patterned fabric. No leggings, shorts or denim.
- Knee length skirt in a plain or lightly patterned fabric.
- Knee length dress in a plain or lightly patterned fabric.
- Business-style blouse, shirt or top. No low-cut, strappy or hooded tops.
- Plain or lightly patterned cardigan, jumper, waistcoat or jacket.
- Plain tights.
- Dark, formal shoes (including ballet shoes). No trainers, canvas shoes or flip-flops.
- Tattoos, piercings and hair colouring should be in line with professional levels of appearance. WCSF reserves the right to request the removal, covering or alteration of any that are considered unprofessional.
No liability will be accepted by WCSF for the loss or damage of any jewellery brought onto any school site. Failure to adhere to the correct standards of dress will result in sanctions, possibly including students being sent home to change.