EVENTS | KEY DOCUMENTS | WORK EXPERIENCE | FINDING THE CAREER FOR YOU | CAREERS FAIR | PARTNERSHIPS | PARENTS
Here at West Coventry Academy we believe that the right careers advice throughout a students’ time with us is crucial in helping them make the right decisions about their future and provides direction and purpose to their journey with us.
We employ a full time careers Officer, Chris Day.
Her responsibilities include:
- Providing targeted support for Year 11-13 to help them make important decisions about final destinations
- Advice to Year 8 and Year 11 as they make their GCSE subject choices and make applications to Post 16 providers
- Organising and leading on career related educational visits to events such as the Skills Show
- Leading on organising Year 10 Work Experience (ALL students participate in a two week work experience at the end of Year 10)
- Leading on whole school PHSE Days which have a careers focus.
If students want to find more out about Careers & Universities, please attend the Free Event at the NEC on either Friday or Saturday 28/29th February 2020.
Everything is all under one roof and students can talk with many organisations attending, who are recruiting for a range of apprenticeships and degree apprenticeships – ideal for Year 13 & 11 Leavers. Students can also obtain careers advice from the free seminars and it’s an ideal platform for students to find out more about Careers and Higher Education opportunities to help them decide what to do after leaving school.
Young Producers Programme (created by Warwick Arts Centre & China Plate)
This is for Students aged 16+, who are passionate about Music, Dance, Poetry or Art
There are free training opportunities available – please see https://www.warwickartscentre.co.uk/creative-learning/young-people/young-producers
Running Intensive Day courses at weekends &/or 12 sessions from March – June 5.30-8pm. Full commitment is required