Here at West Coventry Academy we believe that the right careers advice throughout a students’ time with us is crucial in helping them make the right decisions about their future and provides direction and purpose to their journey with us.
We employ a full time careers Officer, Chris Day.
Her responsibilities include:
- Providing targeted support for Year 11-13 to help them make important decisions about final destinations
- Advice to Year 9 and Year 11 as they make their GCSE subject choices and make applications to Post 16 providers
- Organising and leading on career related educational visits to events such as the Skills Show
- Leading on organising Year 10 Work Experience (ALL students participate in a two week work experience at the end of Year 10)
- Leading on whole school PHSE Days which have a careers focus.