At West Coventry Academy we believe that Homework is a key element of learning. We use ClassCharts, an online platform to set homework and to communicate with students and parents.
Homework is important because it:
- …helps children make progress
- …provides an opportunity for parents to participate in their children's education
- …is crucial in developing time management skills
- …shows teachers where to take your child’s learning next
It also promotes resilience and independence.
How can I help my child with homework?
- Keep a designated homework area at home
- Help keep a homework routine for your son/daughter
- If your child is struggling with homework they need to speak to their teacher before the next lesson
- Praise and encourage your child to help
boost their confidence
- Do get your child to teach you
- Use the after-school homework clubs
- Use ClassCharts to check your child's homework
- If your son/daughter has not been able to do their homework, please write a note in the planner for the teacher
- Don't get worried by homework – if you are, your child will be too
Please click here to download our KS3 Homework guidelines (1024kb)