Thank you for completing our RSE (Relationships and Sex Education) parental consultation. As a school community we are committed to working in partnership with all stakeholders and, as such, your continued feedback and support is invaluable. Your contribution forms an important part of our ongoing plans to further develop.
We had an overwhelmingly positive response and appreciate your time and consideration of this Programme of Study. Our RE and Wellbeing team have been working hard to update our plans and have included many of your ideas regarding the content of lessons, creation of new topics and analysing where they will be best placed within our curriculum. We have also been busy updating our school website in response to the questions asked and to share some of the changes we have made. To accompany and enhance this provision we will be updating the school website on the following:
- An updated structure of the RSHE and RE curriculum for each year group that is colour coded highlighting the different categories of living in the wider world, relationships and healthy living and choices.
- A clear RSHE and RE Curriculum rationale
- RSE and Health Education Statutory Guidance published in 2019.
- RSHE across the school Plan that highlights the aspects of RSHE that is taught in form time and Assemblies.
- We would also like to draw your attention to the link below found on our School website. This will allow all students and families to access further guidance and support from many different organisations about a range of sensitive topics that will be taught in our RSHE curriculum and experiences that may rise within the family. http://www.westcoventryacademy.org/studentfamily_health_support.aspx
Our next steps will be to speak again with staff and students, which will take place when we return in September and complete our Consultation.
Mrs LA Salkeld
Subject Leader of Religion and Well Being
RE Policy - PDF
RSHE Policy - PDF