Qualification: GCSE Exam Board: AQA
Is Economics for you?
Economics is an academically rigourous, extremely well respected subject, which has grown in popularity in recent years. Economics gives learners a real insight into real life issues surrounding the Economy and gives them a clear knowledge of how markets work.
The course is 100% exam assessed, and therefore would suit learners who favour this style of assessment. It is a challenging subject, but also one that students find interesting and engaging. It enables students to develop key analytical and evaluative skills and become highly informed and confident participants in key discussions and debates.
What Will You Do?
Unit One: How markets work (Microeconomics)
- Basic Economic problem
- Resource Allocation
- Supply and Demand
- Market equilibrium and price determination
- Elasiticity of demand
- Production costs, revenue and profits
- Competitive market structures
- Market failure
Unit Two: How the economy works (Macroeconomics)
- Government objectives
- Economic growth
- International trade
- Fiscal Policy – government spending and taxation
- Monetary Policy- interest rates and money supply
- The role of money and financial markets.
Unit One - External Examination of 50%
Unit Two - External Examination of 50%
Possible Career Options:
- Accountancy, Banking and Finance
- Business Management
- Economic Analyst
- Investment Banking
- AS / A2 Economics
- AS/ A2 Business Studies
- A Level Accounting and Finance
- Professional Courses